(PREP COOKS) CATERING PRODUCTION KITCHEN
The fire society IS CURRENTLY hiring PREP COOKS.
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIREMENTS AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION BELOW
Working with us offers:
- Schedules with flexibility: Our scheduling process allows for flexibility when creating your schedule. Feel free to pick up a few shifts a month or multiple shifts every week. All prep shifts are daytime shifts.
- Most shifts are in San Francisco: Most of our events place in the city. We coordinate carpools for most outside San Francisco.
- Great pay: The starting rate for prep cooks are significantly higher than many restaurant kitchens (average is $18/hr). Pay rates are based on skills and experience, and those with strong culinary backgrounds can earn a higher starting rate.
- Great kitchen: Free parking around our kitchen - large & sunny kitchen space - awesome and diverse crew of reliable, hardworking staff - amazing leadership. We're a great team!
- Opportunity for Advancement: We offer an abundance of training and advancement opportunities for those team members that demonstrate outstanding culinary skills, professionalism, superb operational knowledge and an overall desire to grow and learn with our company.
- Enjoy your job: Be part of something bigger, see amazing events happen and have some fun while working with one of the leading catering companies in the Bay Area!
- At least 18 years of age and able to legally work in the U.S. AND at least 2+ year of relevant experience. This experience must include cooking in a professional capacity. Prep cooks, line cooks, sous - any position in a professional kitchen of a full-service restaurant. Culinary school graduates must have 2+ years of post-graduate professional experience. All prep cooks must be experienced cooks!
- A professional attitude, appearance & clear communication skills are a must. Bilingualism is a plus!
- All production kitchen shifts are DAYTIME shifts. You should be available beginning at 6am - 8am until 2pm - 4pm AT LEAST 2 weekdays (Mon - Fri). Only those who have some weekday daytime availability will be considered for the production kitchen. Those who have evening availability should apply for our event culinary staff.
- Our kitchen is located in the Dogpatch/Potrero Hill area of San Francisco. Free parking is available and there are bus stops and a Muni stop within 1 block of our kitchen. Please do not apply if commuting to S.F. is not reasonable for you.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk/stand up to the entire day and occasionally sit in meetings. You must occasionally reach, bend, stoop, be able to lift up to 50 lbs., reach overhead and have the stamina to work shifts up to 8 hours, though employees will have the option of working longer shifts.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, you may be exposed to ambient temperatures and weather conditions.
The Fire Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Fire Society complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Fire Society expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Fire Society’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.