INTERESTED IN CATERING?
We offer a limited number of opportunities for those who are interested in catering - but do not have catering or food service experience! Scroll down to review our requirements for those interested in becoming Catering Event Servers or Event Culinary Staff!
We are looking for individuals with the following qualities to be SERVERS:
- Reliable and On-Time
- Strong Work Ethic /Sense of Professionalism
- Clean and Neat Appearance
- Ability to Follow Directions
- Strong Customer Service / Client Service Skills
- Interest in Food / Catering / Events / Hospitality
We are looking for professional individuals who want to make great money: offering appetizers to guests, keeping party spaces neat and tidy, keeping food stations full, etc. If this sounds like something that interest you, then keep scrolling!
We are looking for individuals with the following qualities to be CULINARY STAFF:
- Basic Knife Skills
- Basic Food Knowledge (specialty ingredients, herbs/spices, seasonal items)
- Some Cooking Experience
- Know the Basic Principles and Concepts of Prepping / Cooking / Presentation
- Interest in Catering and Event Food Service
- Reliable and On-Time
- Strong Work Ethic
- Sense of Professionalism
- Ability to Follow Directions
We are looking for professional individuals who want to make great money: help plate salads and basic appetizers, working our food stations serving items to guests, assisting the event kitchen with preparing our delicious food for service, etc. If you feel that you can perform these types of tasks, while being friendly and pleasant, then keep scrolling!
Working with us offers:
- Flexible Scheduling: We have multiple shifts to offer! Most of our shifts are in the afternoon/evening and mainly take place Tuesday through Saturdays - but we do have some daytime opportunities as well. All our shifts are at least 5 hours, with most being 6-8+ hours!
- Good Times: Be part of something bigger, see amazing events happen and have fun working with our amazing catering company!
- Great Pay: No experience does not mean minimum wage! The starting rate for our event servers and culinary staff is $20/hr. Working in catering can be a great opportunity to earn extra money, while enjoying yourself!
- Straightforward: Don't want to wonder if how much you will make? If you will get enough customers? If they will send you enough orders? Skip the hassle and the worry! Show up on-time, meet our expectations and paid - it's that simple! No need to fuss with driving strangers around or the struggles of working for third-party food delivery services.
- TRAINING REQUIRED: We offer an introductory training session for staff who want to work in catering, but do not meeting our traditional experience requirements. These sessions are offered on various days from the end of August until mid-September, and those without experience are REQUIRED to complete a training session before they can begin scheduling themselves for shifts.
- AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Our only requirement is that individuals have an availability that coincides with our off-site catered events. Most of our shifts take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Most shifts take place during the afternoon and evening on these days and are located in the city of San Francisco. Please make sure this all works for you before applying!
- At least 18 years of age and able to legally work in the U.S
- Interest in food and catering is a must!
- Must be ServeSafe certified (or food handling certification from another reputable company). Please click HERE for more information. If you do not have a food handling certification you may still apply; HOWEVER, you must be willing to get certified before you schedule your first shift. Certifications can be completed online and cost an average of $7 - $15. Certifications are good for 3 years and can be used for any food service job in the state of California.
- Friendly attitude, great customer service skills and a professional appearance. You must be willing to provide your own dress code items. Please click HERE TO REVIEW OUR DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS AND ITEMS NEEDED.
- Ability to lift 50+lb and familiarity with procedures for doing so safely; Ability to read, write & speak English is helpful; Must be punctual
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk/stand up to the entire day and occasionally sit in meetings. The employee must occasionally reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs., reach overhead and have the stamina to work shifts up to 8 hours, though employees will have the option of working longer shifts.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to ambient temperatures and weather conditions.
The Fire Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Fire Society complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Fire Society expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Fire Society’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.